Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
The most versatile device in the Samsung SmartThings family, this sleek ZigBee device acts as a movement, vibration, orientation and temperature sensor all in one. The SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor can detect whether an object like a door or drawer is open or closed; sense when valuable or off-limits items have been moved or tampered with; offer temperature readings; and feel vibration. It requires the SmartThings Hub. SmartThings offers a one-year limited warranty on this product. TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS: > If your device doesn’t connect after removing the "Remove to Pair" tab, hold the “Connect” button while inserting the battery. > Release the button when the LED is lit. > The LED will blink blue while attempting to connect. > Then select “Connect New Device” in the SmartThings app.
- The versatile Multipurpose Sensor is an all-in-one sensor that can detect vibration, orientation and angle (tilt), temperature and when things open or close
- Monitor secure areas of your home and be alerted if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly
- Get a reminder if you forgot to close your front door or garage door
- Know the temperature in any room or location
- Measurements (for combined sensor and magnet): 1.9 inches wide, 1.89 inches tall and 0.57 inches thick
- Additional Requirements: Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Range: 50-130 ft
- Communication Protocol: ZigBee. Refer to the Trouble Shooting Steps available below in product description.